Judge Jesse B. Kramig was born and raised in Cincinnati, Ohio. He graduated from Roger Bacon High School in 1998. In 2002 Judge Kramig graduated from Bowling Green State University with a B.A. in History. In 2006 he graduated from the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, where he served as a member of the Moot Court Board of Directors.
While in law school, Judge Kramig served as a summer law clerk to the Honorable Mark Schweikert in the Hamilton County Court of Common Pleas. He assisted Judge Schweikert with legal research and writing.
After passing the Ohio Bar Exam, Judge Kramig began his legal career in the Hamilton County Prosecutor’s Office as an Assistant Prosecutor in the Juvenile Delinquency Division. There he handled the prosecution of juveniles for crimes ranging from disorderly conduct to aggravated robberies with gun specifications. In 2010 Judge Kramig began working as an Assistant Prosecutor in the Municipal Court Division of the Clermont County Prosecutor’s Office. There he handled cases from start to finish against offenders for crimes such as domestic violence and operating a motor vehicle while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Within a few months of being hired in the Municipal Division, Judge Kramig was promoted to Assistant Prosecutor in the Felony Division of the Clermont County Prosecutor’s Office where he tried and convicted offenders for crimes including child rape, aggravated burglary, aggravated robbery, felonious assault, aggravated vehicular assault, and participation in a criminal gang. In 2014 Judge Kramig was promoted to the position of Supervisory Assistant in the Felony Division. In that capacity, he handled some of the office’s most serious cases and he was responsible for supervising other Assistant Prosecutors, support staff in the division, and for making recommendations on presentment of cases to the grand jury. In 2015, Judge Kramig accepted a position as a Senior Assistant Attorney General in the Ohio Attorney General’s office. There, he tried and convicted multiple offenders for “white collar crimes” and corruption offenses.
- Admitted to the Ohio State Bar (2007)
- Member, Ohio State Bar Association (2007-present)
- Member, Clermont County Bar Association (2010-2017)
- Member, Ohio Judicial Conference
- Ohio Securities Conference, Elder and Diminished Capacity Initiatives (Columbus, Ohio 2015; Part of a three-person, multi-disciplinary panel discussion on the medical and legal challenges affecting older investors and aging licensees)
- Ohio Securities Conference, Anatomy of a Case: State v. Peter Beck (Columbus, Ohio 2015; Part of a panel discussion of a four-year joint investigation with the Ohio Attorney General’s Bureau of Criminal Investigation and the Division of Securities that led to the indictment and criminal prosecution of Peter Beck)
- Saint Columban Catholic Church Parishioner
- Clermont County Republican Central Committee Precinct Representative (2007-2017)
- Clermont County Law Library Board Member (April 2016-January 2017)
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law Moot Court Board (2004-2006)
- Bowling Green State University Law Society (2000-2002)
- Delta Tau Delta Fraternity (1998-2002)
- Delta Tau Delta Academic Chairman (1999-2000)
- Roger Bacon High School Alumni Association (1998-present)
Civic and Community Activities
- Clermont County Police Appreciation Banquet, Nominator and Presenter (2011-2014)
- Roger Bacon High School, Career Day Speaker (2012, 2013, and 2014)
- Milford Youth Baseball, Coach (2013-present)
- Milford SAY Soccer, Coach (2012-present)
- Miami Township Citizens Police Academy, Speaker (2009 and 2011)
- Roger Bacon High School, Mock Trial Team Coach (2009)